Samit Gohel broke Surrey batsman Bobby Abel’s 117 year old record:
Gujarat Ranji player Samit Gohel broke the 117 year old record of first-class cricket by scoring 359 not out as an opener in third quarter-final match against Orissa on Tuesday. Along with this record Samit Gohel achieved many milestones. Till Samit’s record breaking innings Surrey batsman Bobby Abel had scored highest run in first-class history. 357 not out was the previous highest score by an opener in first-class history. Bobby Abel had scored 357 runs not out against Somerset in Kensington Oval ground in 1899.
It is season’s second triple century from Gujrat in the Ranji match. Samit has broken the record of his partner Priyank Panchal. But the first class highest score is far by the Gohel’s 359.
Brian Lara is the highest scorer of first class cricket:
However Samit Gohel’s 359 not out broke the record of 357 not out by Bobby Abel in 1899 .But record of the most runs in first-class cricket is in the name of Brian Lara. Brian Lara had scored 501 runs not out at June 2, 1994 while playing for Warwickshire. Pakistan city Karachi’s batsman Mohammad Hanif, who had scored 499 January 8, 1959. The hird highest Score is batted by Don Bradman 452 not out and fourth highest score is 443 not out by Maharashtra’s BB Nimblkar.
Four batsman are not out of 5 triple centuries in this season. This season started with 5 triple century given below:
- November 27, 2016: Samit Gohel (Gujarat) – 359 * runs
- October 13, 2016: Swapnil Gugale (Maharashtra) – 351 * runs
- November 29, 2016: Priyank Panchal (Gujarat) – 314 * runs
- October 13, 2016: Rishabh Pant (Delhi) – 308 runs
- October 20, 2016: Sagun Kamat (Goa) – 304 * runs
India’s top first-class Scorers:
- BB Nimbalkar (Maharashtra): 12.16.1948 – 443 runs not out
- Sanjay Manjrekar (Bombay): 04.24.1991 – 377 runs
- MV Sridhar (Hyderabad): 08.01.1994 – 366 runs
- Vijay Merchant (Bombay): 12.31.1943 – 359 runs not out
- Samit Gohel (Gujarat): 12.27.2016 – 359 runs not out
- VVS Laxman (Hyderabad): 11.04.2000 – 353 runs
Samit Gohel date of birth and Team:
Samit Gohel born on 13 September 1990 in Anand, Gujarat. He plays for Gujarat. His batting style is right handed and he is lsow left arm bowler
Samit Gohel, Gujarat opener pics: