Radioactive ink theory in new Indian currency goes viral after nano GPS chip rumors
Radioactive ink used in new currency went viral on social media:
After the demonetization move the Income Tax department has conducted many successful raids in cities like Delhi, Noida, Chennai, Bengaluru and other parts of the country. Officers of Income Tax department are getting 100 per cent success in their raids. Here the main point is, every raid is turning out to be spot on whether in Chennai or the capital city.
Here are some snaps of latest news of Income Tax raids:
- The income tax officers has recovered money worth crores in cash, including new currency, and tens of kg in gold bars, in multiple raids in Chennai to check tax evasion and conversion of black money into white.
- Income tax raid at an Axis Bank branch in Chandni Chowk Delhi yielded Rs100 crore parked in 44 fake accounts. This is the second raid that the bank has seen in less than a week. Enforcement Directorate (ED) had earlier this week arrested two Axis Bank managers and seized gold bars weighing 3kg from them.
- Income tax officials seized Rs. 24 crore in new 2,000-rupee notes from a car in Vellore.
- After a 30 November raid on two state government engineers lead to the seizing of Rs4.7 crore in new Rs2,000 currency notes, apart from 7 kg of gold and bullion and Rs90 lakh in old demonetised currency in Bengaluru.
- Rs20 lakh (Rs10 lakh new notes) from Pune has been seized.
Radioactive ink theory in new Indian currency of Rs 2000 and Rs 500:
So based on these IT raids everyone is in wonder that how is this happening? Is really radioactive ink has been used in new Indian currency of Rs. 2000 and Rs. 500. Now a new theory of radioactive ink has emerged and has gone viral on social sites. Already the rumors of GPS chip embedded in the new currency notes of Rs 500 and Rs 2,000 had gone viral just after demonetization.
It is a rumor that a radioactive isotope of Phosphorus is used in the radioactive ink in minimum quantity. It is used like a radioactive warning tape. When more than allowed currency is accumulated at a place, the radioactive indicator in the currency indicates it. Thus, I-T department gets to know when huge amount of new currency is deposited at a place other than the bank.
However It is hard to believe as there is no official statement has issued on the radioactive ink theory from the Ministry of Finance or RBI. So seems this news was a complete hoax created by social media.