Few safety steps for Diwali celebrations
Diwali or Deepawali is a festival of lights that brings light and happiness into our lives.To avoid the unfortunate accident and injuries during the Diwali festival. We all should follow some Do’s and Don’ts steps. These few safety steps can safe us and our love one from major injuries or mishaps, SO iGiven below few Safety guidelines to enjoy Safe Diwali. Happy Deepavali to All!!!!
Do’s for a safe Diwali Festival
- Use fireworks only outdoor, do not use fireworks sparkles indoor.
- Always read the safety guidelines or directions leveled on fireworks.
- Buy fireworks of authorized/reputed manufacturers only.
- Light only one firework at a time, by one person under elders guidance.
- Keep the fireworks to be used at a safer place. away from combustible materials like buildings, trees, dry grass and other obstacles.
- Others peoples should watch from a safe distance.
- Organize a community display of fireworks rather than individuals handling crackers.
- Always use a long candle or phooljhari for igniting fire crackers and keep elbow joint straight to increase the distance between the body and the crackers.
- Keep multiple buckets of water handy. In the event of fire, extinguish flame by pouring water from the buckets. Every major fire is small when it starts.
- In case of burns, pour large quantity of water on the burnt area.In case of eye burns, wash the eye with tap water for 10 minutes and take the victim to a hospital.
- Keep ready First Aid kit use for the injured person.
Don’ts for a safe Diwali Festival
- Don’t allow small children to handle fireworks or without any proper guidance.
- Don’t wear loosely hanging clothes, secure all clothes properly.
- Don’t wear synthetic clothing; preferably wear thick cotton clothing.
- Don’t ignite fireworks while holding them.
- Don’t bend over the fireworks being ignited.
- Don’t light fireworks in metal or glass containers.
- Don’t carry fireworks in your pocket. They’re explosives and can go off prematurely even if they’re not lit.
- Don’t approach immediately to the misfired fireworks.
- Don’t tamper with misfired fireworks.
- Don’t attempt to make fireworks at home.
- Don’t throw or point fireworks at other people.
- Don’t carry fireworks in the pocket.
- Don’t store firecrackers near burning candles and diyas.
- Don’t light firecrackers in narrow by lanes; preferably use open areas and parks.
Have a safe and Happy Diwali 🙂